Q: i have a ford ranger 2.2 tdci

The powertrain warning light comes on but then it goes off again however sometimes while driving at about 80 km p/h the vechile cuts out completely what could it be

Hi there. A check engine or warning light is illuminated after the ECU detects and error coming from sensors or electrical components. This will register an OBD-II trouble code and then illuminate the light on the dash. The only way to determine what’s causing the light is to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection. They will download the error codes with a professional digital scanner and inspect common parts associated to those error codes to hopefully diagnose your problem in one shot.