Q: Check coolant light on and oil leak

The dashboard light came on indicating that the coolant needed to be checked. But the coolant level was OK. Then they car started to leak oil, and the radiator overflow now has oil inside.

A: Hi. It would appear that the vehicle may ha...

Hi. It would appear that the vehicle may have several problems that will probably need to be addressed separately. If your coolant light has come on, but the level is okay, that may be indicative of a problem with a sensor or wiring. The oil leak would have to be closely inspected to locate the exact source. This problem may or may not be related to the oil in the overflow tank. It is not uncommon for the oil coolers on these vehicles to fail and leak oil into the cooling system. As all of these problems will probably require separate attention, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, look over the vehicle to ensure that the correct repairs are made.