Q: Diagnostic brought up three codes

I had three codes come up when I got my car diagnosed: P0700, P0720, and P0505.

Hi there. The codes that you are getting indicate a couple of different issues. The P0700 and P0720 codes indicate a transmission problem. These indicate a failure in the transmission output speed sensor. I have seen more wiring issues than sensor failures themselves. I would typically check the connection at the sensor first and if it doesn’t looks clean and tight, I would replace the sensor. As for the P0505 code, this indicates an idle problem. This can indicate a vacuum leak in the engine or a dirty throttle body. The vacuum hoses should be checked first and if they are fine, then the throttle body needs to be cleaned and the codes cleared. I would recommend enlisting the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect the trouble codes and do the repairs necessary to have your vehicle running smoothly again.

3. Diagnostic brought up three codes