Q: Battery replaced, radio stopped working

I had the battery in my car replaced with a new one, as the old one quit working. After that, the radio stopped working. Turn signals sound different than usual also. I had all the fuses checked and it all seems fine. What could be the problem? Thanks.

A: Hello. This frequently happens after a batt...

Hello. This frequently happens after a battery replacement on this car. When this car loses battery power the programming in the computer can become corrupted and this occurs. Some of the time it will come back on its own, but typically the body control module will need to be reprogrammed. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this.