Q: Green light flashing around D4 indicator

When i am driving my car in D4,,after a while a green light will start flashing around the D4 indicator...an my car begins to shift funny,,what does this flahing light mean,,an what could be the issue? Normally when i have my car in gear nothing lights up to indicate it is in gear..

When your transmission D4 light is blinking, this means your transmission has stored a code. The code would need to be retrieved and diagnosed to see what the problem is. These transmissions were pretty reliable, but had problems with the solenoids of the transmission. A test to see the code and a diagnosis is needed to isolate the failed one. Your shift indicator lights may also have stored a code. If you need help, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose the light and determine what repair should be done.

3. Green light flashing around D4 indicator