Q: Green light flashing around D4 indicator

When i am driving my car in D4,,after a while a green light will start flashing around the D4 indicator...an my car begins to shift funny,,what does this flahing light mean,,an what could be the issue? Normally when i have my car in gear nothing lights up to indicate it is in gear..

When your transmission D4 light is blinking, this means your transmission has stored a code. The code would need to be retrieved and diagnosed to see what the problem is. These transmissions were pretty reliable, but had problems with the solenoids of the transmission. A test to see the code and a diagnosis is needed to isolate the failed one. Your shift indicator lights may also have stored a code. If you need help, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose the light and determine what repair should be done.