Car engine is working too hard mustang v6-4.0l ford 2007

Q: Car engine is working too hard

asked by on December 19, 2017

I wish I could be more specific but it seems like the car is working harder than it should. When I pass 2000 rpms it sounds like its at 6 or 7000. But when I turn the steering wheel to the right it quiets back down to normal. I do regular oil changes, I just changed my spark plugs and flushed the thermostat but it still is making that sound.

Hi Sandro. Thanks for contacting us tonight. There are a few possible reasons why an engine appears to ’work harder’ than it should. First, and most common is transmission fluid that has been contaminated, is obstructed with debris or possibly a torque converter that is slipping. It’s also possible that fuel system restrictions are also causing this problem. To be honest, without test driving the vehicle personally, it’s hard for any mechanic to give an accurate diagnosis. So, my recommendation would be to have a mechanic drive the car with you, so they can replicate the symptoms and identify the source.