Q: My dashboard lights,gauges,radio and power windows don't work. I can start my truck right up and drive.

asked by on February 07, 2017

When I drive my gauges will sometimes kick on and off and when I'm idling it the engine feels like it's about to die.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Typically with the first symptoms you described I would direct you to check all of your fuses, focusing on the instrument cluster fuse. However considering the engine is showing signs of stress, you may want to rule out any battery or alternator issues first. If the fuses check out to be good, make sure they are seated down correctly, and that the fuse box below is clean. Also make sure all of the electrical connections and grounds to the fuse box and down to the battery are all clean, dry, and tight. You may then want to resort to scanning the truck for any diagnostic codes. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule and appointment.