Q: The speedometer, odometer, & mileage gauges are not working.

The speedomerter, odometer & mileage guages are not working. Have not experienced any other symptoms. Brakes are operating properly, have not received any warning/service lights other than tires need rotating. Was told by a mechanic that it's the ABS System Sensor and was given the quote for a used one for $500 plus. Can you advise on this?

This is likely related to what is called a speed input/output shaft sensor which is a sensor mounted down on the transmission that monitors the speed of the output shaft of the transmission. This is relayed to your ECU which produces this information in your speedometer and odometer. For a proper second opinion, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your car and diagnose your gauges firsthand.

3. The speedometer, odometer, & mileage gauges are not working.