Q: Car not starting after sitting

My car does not start, the key turns, and sometimes the lights come on, and sometimes they don't. The battery appears to be good, but it is not always completely connected. The engine does not turn over, or make noise of any kind. The car has been sitting for a month or two.

A: The ignition switch is very common to be th...

The ignition switch is very common to be the failure for these conditions. I recommend seeking a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to come and test your vehicle for you. They will be able to verify the need to replace the ignition switch and complete this repair for you.