Q: Power steering quit working - 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood

I drove the car and turned it off for a short while. When I was about to continue driving, I started it but the power steering wasn't working. I checked if there were any leaks but there were none. I had the fluids checked and they were at proper levels. What might be the problem?

Hi! I’d take a look to be sure the power steering belt is still there. With the engine running, you should be able to see the p/s pump pulley turning. The reservoir should be filled to the full mark. Listen for bad noises coming from the pump. Look at the hoses to verify that they’re connected with no severe leaks. If you need help diagnosing this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to pinpoint the cause of the steering problem to help have this issue corrected.