Q: Reduced engine power icon on

asked by on November 04, 2016

Hey guys. I have a 2004 Cadillac SRX. Around two months ago the reduce engine power icon popped up. I took the car to mechanic and used OBD tool to scan code gave code saying throttle position sensor is faulty. We call the dealership and order both the sensor and the throttlebody because they're not sold separately. We install the part and reduced engine power icon disappears and I thought everything was OK now. Today The icon popped up again and I use the OBD two scanner and the same diagnostic popped up. I also noticed there was a little bit of oil in the intake hose that connects to the throttlebody when I disassembled it please help don't know what to do

Hello - there are 2 problems here. The wiring pigtail to the throttle position sensor (TPS) is likely bad and making a poor connection. This is a known problem with this model and engine. Replace the pigtail connector to the TPS. The oil you notice in the intake hose suggests a bad PCV valve, which should be replaced. For assistance with these issues, I would recommend having a Electrical Problems Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the TPS problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. I would recommend a PCV Valve Replacement Service to correct the PCV valve problem.