Q: 2004 Ford Ranger doesn't turn off when key is removed

asked by on March 03, 2017

2004 ford ranger edge will start with ignition but wont shut off when I turn the ignition off and take the key out had to pull the fuel pump relay to shut off and about a day before this happened I would shut off truck and get out and the doors would lock them selves I don't know if this has something to do with it not shutting off now

The problem is likely a bad ignition switch. The ignition switch routes power to the entire vehicle including the accessories, computers, fuel and ignition system. Basically, the failed switch is allowing the vehicle to stay on. A professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can fix this problem for you.