Q: Check engine light and fuel cap stay on.

asked by on November 14, 2016

I am getting small emissions leak codes with check eng light and fuel cap light. I replaced The esim and purge valve and have also replaced the fuel cap. The vehicle runs fine

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there:

In most newer trucks, like your 2014 Ram, if an error light is triggered and the repairs are made, you’ll have to clear those stored error codes in the ECU with a digital scanner or they will stay illuminated. If you have access to this equipment, you can do it yourself. However, if not, contact a professional local mechanic and ask them to complete a check engine light inspection. This will allow them to verify there are no further issues and clear those stored codes.