Q: My steering wheel stays to the right when I drive straight.

asked by on December 05, 2016

Also,I have to tug the steering wheel to the right to go straight...What's going on?

The power steering gear is held to the frame using two large bolts going through the rack and pinion mount bushings. The bushings will get worn or oil soaked and will allow the entire rack and pinion to shift to one side or the other. Have the steering rack and pinion checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to see if the bushings need to be replaced or the entire rack and pinion needs replaced due to additional damages like rack side boots torn or bad joint on rack and pinion.