Q: Key won't turn in the ignition

The Engine light comes on and sometimes the key won't turn in the ignition.

A: Hello. It sounds like you may have two diff...

Hello. It sounds like you may have two different problems with your van. The key not coming out of the ignition may be caused by a failure in the ignition switch or the shift lock. Both of these are common issues on your vehicle. To find out why the Check Engine Light is on a mechanic would typically start by scanning the computer for codes. This gives us a good place to start with the diagnosis for your ignition problem.