Q: Car still overheating, and hissing, even after changing the coolant.

My coolant service light went off, so I went directly to the dealer to buy coolant. After changing the coolant the coolant service light went off again. I opened the hood and heard hissing noises. I believe it is a hose, but I can't determine which one.

A: Hi there. Some coolant leaks can be hard to...

Hi there. Some coolant leaks can be hard to find and may only appear when the system is under pressure. If you are getting a hissing noise it is possible that you have a leaking hose, but most of the time on this model VW it is caused by a leak in the radiator or the water pump. If the leak is not visible by looking around the engine compartment then it would be best to consult the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that has a cooling system pressure tester. With this tool they can pressurize the cooling system in order to more easily identify the source of the leak.