Q: When I start the car it makes a rattling noise like something is loose.

asked by on September 08, 2017

When I start the car it makes a rattling sound it's like something's loose also where I live the roads are not the best so depending on how big the bump is that I hit it makes the same rattling sound. I had it in the shop a couple of months ago to get a new water pump put on and the rattling sound didn't start until after a couple weeks of getting it back from the shop.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If the rattling noise occurs when the car is stationary the origin is in the engine/transmission and/or exhaust system. If the identical rattle occurs when the car is moving, too, motor mounts or loose exhaust system components are a possibility. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. I encourage you to seek out the diagnostic and then with the mechanic’s advice and explanation, you can decide how you want to handle it. Repairs can be performed at your location, of course. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr