Q: replaced power steering pump now res overflows when cap is put on

replaced power steering pump no when I out the cap on the reservoir it foams and overflows but if the cap is off its fine

Anytime you replace the pump you will get air in the fluid and will need to let the engine idle for a few minutes and then let it sit with engine off for 5 minutes and repeat process until all the air is works out. If it keeps getting air in fluid after repeating process at least 5 times then the fluid reservoir will need to be removed and filter screen inside it cleaned out or reservoir replaced.