Q: My car wont start - 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

asked by on September 22, 2016

At first it would start & not accelerate, i found it to be a line on my fuel pump in the tank burst, i replaced this & ever since it will turn over but wont start

This may very well likely be related to a fuel pressure or fuel pumping problem. There is a vacuum line connected to the fuel pressure regulator. If you disconnect this and there is fuel in it, then you know you have insufficient fuel pressure. I would also suggest checking the power to the fuel pump by checking the fuse and then checking to see if the pump comes on when you turn the key on. This may require some specific testing by a qualified mechanic such as one from YourMechanic in order to pinpoint your starting issue.