Q: Rough idle and kicking while driving

My car idles roughly. It also has problems starting and kicks while accelerating.

From all of the symptoms your Pontiac is experiencing, it leads me to believe that there are concerns with the fuel system going on here. A faulty fuel pressure regulator or a failing fuel pump is possibly the culprit behind the idling and the kicking while accelerating. To be 100% certain though, I recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to inspect your Pontiac in person from bumper to bumper. They will have the experience and tools necessary to identify the cause of the rough idle and the other symptoms your Grand Am is having and they will also be able to make the necessary repairs to get your vehicle starting and running smooth again.