Q: Q: Brake squeaking

New front brake rotor and pad, squeaky noise when brake applied

Hi there.

More often than not, the squeaky noise on front brakes is causes by metal to metal grinding, as there is typically a small metal groove that let’s owners know that the brake pads needs to be replaced. However, when the brakes are replaced, especially in your case when new rotor and pad was replaced, excess brake dust can cause a similar sound.

The best thing I’d recommend is to wash your wheels with soap and water, making sure to clean out all the excess brake dust from behind the wheels also. Let the car dry for a while and test drive to see if the squealing noise goes away once the car is up to operating temperature. If it doesn’t, contact a local ASE certified mechanic who will diagnose the squealing noise, can test drive your car, and determine if something was not completed correctly during the brake job.

3. Q: Brake squeaking