Q: my 1989 corvette anti lock light comes on the car will start then dies

my 1989 corvette starts up then dies and the anti lock light has come on what do i do

Hi Kristine. Thanks for reaching out to us today. If you’re referring to the anti-lock brake light on your Corvette, this typically does not impact the operation of the engine or would cause it to start then shut off. However, it is common for an electrical fault, such as an alternator failure to trigger a few different warning lights, such as the anti-lock braking system warning light. A faulty alternator can cause the engine to stall, as could an ignition system component failure, such as a crankshaft or cam position sensor wiring harness that is loose. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a car starts then dies inspection to correctly identify the root issue, so the right repairs can be made.

3. my 1989 corvette anti lock light comes on the car will start then dies