Q: What does "battery saver active" mean?

Just got my alternator and new battery changed out on my 2014 Chevy Cruze. On my way home from work today my "battery saver active. Just changed my battery & alternator this week. Today on my way home my DIC presented "battery saver active with a voltage of 11.7. What does this mean?

Hello. Your message indicates that the electrical system voltage has fallen to 11.7 volts. This is rather low for a modern car with the engine running - normal voltage should be about 13.0 volts. Perhaps your new alternator has a bad voltage regulator which is preventing the alternator from charging at the expected rate. If warranty is still available on the alternator, I would return to the facility which installed the alternator. It is not charging at the expected rate. If they can’t find the problem, have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your alternator for you.