Q: My Accord gives out a "Charging system failure" warning. I drove home about 15 miles and then parked my car. After about 3 hours,

asked by on June 25, 2017

My Accord gives out a "Charging system failure" warning. I drove home about 15 miles and then parked my car. After about 3 hours, when I started the car again, the warning light disappeared. What could be the issue? During this time (i.e when the failure warning was on), some Honda Sensing features acted up a bit. For instance, Lane departure warning came on even if I indicated before changing lanes. In some instances during lane change, with the indicator on, the cra seemed to warn of lane departure AND it performed a light braking. The rear parking camera stopped displaying grid lines as the steering wheel was turned. And the boot lid wouldn't work at all.

Hi there. On a new Honda Accord, the Charging System Failure warning light typically indicates a problem with the battery, alternator or other component inside the charging system of your vehicle. However, with less than 10,000 miles, this is most likely an electrical glitch or stored error code that was triggered. Since your car is "new", I would recommend contacting your Honda dealership first, to tell them about this warning light and ask them how they wish to handle this issue; as it should be covered under warranty. If they can’t help you, please set up a warning light inspection, and one of our mobile mechanics can come to your location and determine why this light came on.