Q: Pulled out ignition fuse and put back, now Lexus isf won't turn over.

asked by on February 25, 2018

I have a 2008 Lexus isf and my brakes are down to almost nothing in the front. I have new rotors and pads but haven't been able to do the job due to the weather. I was driving home from work last Monday and on my trip home the stability control light came on, then the check engine light a littlelater, then the cruise control stopped working and when I got home and shut the car off the brake lights on the back of the car stayed on. I took the car to autozone and had it scanned and it came up with the SPEED SENSOR fault. Okay, that would justify the lights and problems with everything but I'm not sure about the brake lights or not. Anyhow, I wanted to pull out a fuse to get the brake lights to go off and not drain my battery so I wound up pulling out the passenger side #8 ignition fuse and the car died but the brake lights were still on. Then I put the fuse back in, restarted the car and pulled out the drivers side #18 LH-IG fuse and the car died again. The car wouldn't start after that.

Removing the fuse while the circuit was powered might have caused the fuse to open. Both fuses should be tested for continuity. If the fuses are intact and they are securely installed but the car won’t start, there’s a possibility the engine immobilizer system is on. Check to be sure the immobilizer is not activated. If the foregoing steps don’t resolve the issue, the recommended diagnostic is a no start diagnostic. If you request that service, the mechanic will pinpoint the problem and get it resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.