Q: Overheating after thermostat replacement

My car is overheating. I replaced the thermostat and it still overheats. I also checked the water pump and it seems to be working.

Hello. You could be having a problem with your radiator being clogged up. This will cause the flow of the coolant in the system to be restricted, causing the truck to overheat. A clog in the heater core could also cause this problem. However, if the car is still getting heat, the heater core can easily be ruled out. The most likely cause is a clogged radiator. I would recommend that you have a certified technician complete a system check in order to pinpoint your overheating problem.

3. Overheating after thermostat replacement