Q: My starter does not engage when it is really cold outside in my 1998 Ford Expedition

My starter went out on my truck and was replaced but when its really cold it wont start. It makes a clicking noise when i turn the key to on but that's it. It wont turn over or anything

If your starter is just clicking when it is cold outside then you either have a defective starter, or you have an issue with the battery. If the battery voltage is low enough then the vehicle will do this. I usually start by doing a load test of the battery. If the battery does not pass then it needs to be replaced. If the battery is fine then the starter needs to be replaced again as the starter you have is defective. If you want to have your starting issue fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your to [diagnose why it is having starter issues] https://www.yourmechanic.com/question/engine-light-staying-on-by-denice-w_2

3. My starter does not engage when it is really cold outside in my 1998 Ford Expedition