Q: will a bad compressor cause the fan to not come on? No fan, no cool air?

asked by on July 20, 2016

My fan does not come on at all, the blower blows when I change the setting for the vent, but the air is hot on all settings. I was told that the compressor and condenser need to be changed but from what I read that is not telling me why my fan is not coming on.. Mechanic said he checked the fuse and the relay switch

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote
AC Compressor Replacement $653.49 - $2953.17 Get a Quote

The A/C fan for the condenser will not come on if the A/C compressor does not come on. The fan will only come on when the pressure of the A/C system is detected. This is likely why it is not coming on, but it will need to be verified after A/C repairs are made. If you want to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your AC issue and replace your A/C compressor if necessary.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr