Q: will a bad compressor cause the fan to not come on? No fan, no cool air?

My fan does not come on at all, the blower blows when I change the setting for the vent, but the air is hot on all settings. I was told that the compressor and condenser need to be changed but from what I read that is not telling me why my fan is not coming on.. Mechanic said he checked the fuse and the relay switch

The A/C fan for the condenser will not come on if the A/C compressor does not come on. The fan will only come on when the pressure of the A/C system is detected. This is likely why it is not coming on, but it will need to be verified after A/C repairs are made. If you want to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your AC issue and replace your A/C compressor if necessary.

3. will a bad compressor cause the fan to not come on? No fan, no cool air?