Q: transmission pan continues to leak after replacing seal, took the pan off twice now will not seal?

Tranny sprung a leak at back driver side corner between pan and tranny. Pulled pan off installed cork type gasket with tranny gasket sealer. Filled tranny with new atv ......leaking in the same area just larger leak. Pulled pan off again, used re-usable gasket with gasket sealer and still leaking? I did check the pan for warps between screw holes, adjusted pan some, 1/16th inch out of level in spots.

There has to be some problem with the mating surface on the transmission or the pan and seal. If there are any pieces of the old seal on the pan, the chances the pan will leak at that spot are pretty high. Look closely with a flashlight to see if there are any cracks along the mating surface or pan where the leak continues and clean the area well to be sure it is the pan and not a leak from higher up coming down on the pan. Many mechanics will use a scraped along the surfaces to make sure any debris is knocked off before adding a new seal and sealer. Also, allow the pan sealer you are using to cure for a couple of hours before adding fluid to the transmission. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out to take a closer look and offer a more personal diagnosis.

• transmission pan continues to leak after replacing seal, took the pan off twice now will not seal?