Q: Man hours for 2011 dodge caliber transmission removal

asked by on April 11, 2017

I have a transmission shop trying to pull one over on me suggesting a full rebuild due to a single bad output bearing. I have decided that i will be doing the work myself by replacing the bearings and seals. They are tring to charge me 5 man hours for removal. What are the actual man hours alloted to complete the removal.

Hi there. Unfortunately, that is a difficult question to answer as there are multiple variables to consider. The amount of time needed to complete any mechanical replacement or service depends on multiple variables including experience, access to tools, supplies and equipment that can expedite the process. An estimate for this service of 5 hours for removing, replacing and making sure all components are correctly installed is about right.