Q: Hit a gutter and busted my tire, but it started leaking on the driver's side. What's the problem?

asked by on November 01, 2016

Trying to find out where leak coming from on driver side if the passenger side got stuck in the gutter

Hello. It may have possible that you ran over something and it punctured the drivers side tire at or near the same time you hit the gutter on the passenger side. In order to find a leak in a tire, you can first look at the tire to see if you can see anything in the tire. Next, you can use a spray bottle with soapy water to spray tire and valve stem to locate the leak by looking for bubbles to form in the soapy water. Have the tire removed and put in a tire leak tank at a tire store for those hard to find leaks. Once a leak is found, have the tire patched if it is able to be repaired.