Check engine light is on Direction indicator compass on r...

Q: Check engine light is on Direction indicator compass on rearview mirror not working Auto starter on remote won’t start car but rem

asked by on September 25, 2017

Check engine light is on Direction indicator compass on rearview mirror not working Auto starter on remote won’t start car but remote will open the doors Panoramic shade doesn’t work Moon roof won’t open Could this be a fuse or circuit breaker? Could this be a loose connection?

The illumination of the check engine light is the most concerning of the issues you have listed because that may reflect a fault in engine controls that should be resolved so that your vehicle is not needlessly damaged. To get the OBD-II diagnostic codes read, and the necessary repairs effected, you can request a check engine light diagnostic.

As you suspect, the faults causing the other issues involving the various accessories are electrical in nature. To resolve the electrical problems, a Mechanic would use the factory wiring diagram for the vehicle and test the relevant circuits, segment by segment, until the fault is found. If you want those steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you.

If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.