Q: I have a 2002 Ford Escape 3.0L V-6. I just bought this vehicle a few weeks ago and i do not know what oil they have ran in it, 5w-

Low oil pressure and fuel cap light will not go off after hundreda of mile driving on several tanks and new fuel cap

Your vehicle requires 5W-20 engine oil. If you suspect that the wrong viscosity is currently in use, YourMechanic can [change the oil and filter]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/change-oil-and-filter). Oil pressure can be verified using an external gauge. If the measured oil pressure does meet factory specifications (published in the Factory Service Manual), that means there is a problem with the oil pressure sending unit or the warning light circuit. On the other hand, if the pressure is in fact too low, the usual causes are a faulty oil pump and/or excessive clearance (wear) in the engine bearings.

The only way to be sure that a faulty gas cap is not the cause of the gas cap warning light is to install a Ford OEM, dealer supplied cap. So-called "aftermarket caps" are not recommended especially when you are trying to diagnose an EVAP system problem. If you have installed a new OEM cap and the warning light persists, that means there is a leak elsewhere in the EVAP system which leak can be found using a smoke machine. To obtain a diagnostic of both the oil pressure and fuel cap warning light issues, please request a warning light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get these issues resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2002 Ford Escape 3.0L V-6. I just bought this vehicle a few weeks ago and i do not know what oil they have ran in it, 5w-