Q: Wont turnover

I have a 2012 Ford F-150 fx4 with 70,000 miles on it that will not start. The battery tested good but does have some corrosion I will be cleaning up as well as possible in the next few minutes. It try's to start when you turn the key but doesn't turn over just continues to try. The fuel pump doesn't seem to be engaging with the turn of the key either. What is your option of what's going on and what action I should take to identify and hopefully fix my problem.

Thanks, Clint

A: Check the main engine fuse box and look for...

Check the main engine fuse box and look for fuse number 27. Remove the fuse to see if it is blown and discoloration in the socket. The fuse holder cannot handle the load on it, causing it to overheat. You will need to have a fuse relocation kit installed to correct the problem. The part number from Ford for the relocation kit is EL3Z-14293-A. The installation will relocate the fuse outside the fuse box and fix the problem.

If you need some assistance with this, consider enlisting a qualified technician who can diagnose your starting issue first hand and help you with the function of your fuses.