Q: Q: Car hesitates when accelerating.

today wife was driving the car and said when she accelerates the car jerks. But then when at a steady speed it is fine.

This is a common symptom of a failing mass air flow sensor. This is a unit that monitors the air and fuel mixture prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not working properly, this causes an imbalance in the air/fuel ratio which will cause the car to hesitate as you describe.

If you’d like to get this fixed, I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose the hesitation while acceleration and help you fix it accordingly.

3. Q: Car hesitates when accelerating.