Q: Car idles rough, hesitate from a stop, shuts off going uphill

My car has been idling rough. It has a TBI fuel injection system. The gas mileage has been dropping. The car would hesitate each time I accelerated from a traffic light or any stop. If I try to give it gas while going uphill, the car shuts off. I was wondering if there is some kind of sensor that went bad and is causing all this. What do you think is causing this problems?

Hello there, this is a common fault on the Chevy K2500. There are many different possible causes for the engine to idle rough and have poor gas milage. The most common are the spark plugs, plug wires, cap & rotor, fuel filter, fuel pump, vacuum leak, or exhaust leak. A sensor issue could also cause this, but is less likely than the other items I have listed. To properly diagnose this fault, simple items like the spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor will be checked first. If they are worn, these are usually the places technicians will start. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the rough idle and poor gas mileage in order to perform any repairs required.