Q: I recently replaced my U-Joints on my driveshaft and now my car vibrates, it gets worse the faster I'm traveling.

My car is vibrating since I replaced my U-Joints on my driveshaft and I cant figure out why. It gets worse the faster I travel. Do you know what is possibly wrong with my car?

A: Hi there. Did the U-joints you installed ha...

Hi there. Did the U-joints you installed have grease fittings and did you fill them with grease prior to driving? I know this is a basic step, but one that often gets forgotten. Dry bearings inside the u-joints wont last long.

Depending on how the u-joints were installed, there could have been some bending of the yoke that may be causing your vibration. If the drive shaft is aluminum, there may have definitely been some bending of the yoke. If this has happened, the drive shaft may need to be replaced.

The drive shaft may need more than a visual inspection; it may need to be removed and the yoke measured to see if a bent yoke may be the case and replacement required. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car vibrates inspection and provide you with an estimate and direction of repair.