Q: Can I use a jump starter on my Prius?

I'm looking at buying the NOCO Genius Boost miniature jumper pack -- is it ok to use this sort of jump starter on my Prius? What is the best brand/model for my car?

A: You can use a booster to jump the small bat...

You can use a booster to jump the small battery on the Prius but it does require specific training to do it correctly. You should either get a Prius service manual or have a Prius trained mechanic show you the proper way to jump start the Prius by connecting the booster to the battery in the fuse box under the hood. Do not attempt to do this until you are trained.

As far as which one to get, there are so many that your best bet is to find one that's well reviewed. I looked that particular brand up on Amazon, and all their products are well rated. I suggest you stay away from the very cheap ones.

If you ever run into any issues with your Prius' battery, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to service your battery. Best of luck.