Q: Engine temperature keeps going up

asked by on February 06, 2016

The car's engine temperature keeps going up and I don't see any problem with the radiator. I am wondering if it needs a new thermostat.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The cooling system is designed to keep the engine at operating temperature. Hot coolant from the engine flows through the radiator, which lowers the temperature. The lower temperature coolant is then returned to the engine. The primary cooling system components are the radiator, thermostat & housing, water pump, cooling fan, radiator hoses and heater hoses. A problem with any of these components, or a coolant leak anywhere in the vehicle, can cause overheating. Overheating can do extensive damage to your engine, so I suggest you have your vehicle’s overheating issue inspected at as soon as possible.