Q: My check engine light came on...car isn't overheating no change in engine temp gauges..autozone used one of their testing gages sa

My check engine light came on.I have no overheating,no change in temperture gauges and all my fluids are ok.I had Autozone do one of their test with a hand held device and was told it was a thermostat...

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are several possible reasons for a check engine light to come on. Typically, when the check engine light appears, the first step is to pull the diagnostic codes out of the computer with a scan tool, like you did. The codes you get will give a mechanic an idea of where to start with the diagnostic process. A common misconception is that pulling these diagnostic codes will tell you exactly what parts need to be replaced. In reality, the codes are only a starting point for further diagnosis. I’m not saying that the thermostat does not need to be replaced, but a given code could actually have several root causes. Each diagnostic trouble code will have a test associated with it to determine exactly what is causing the code to be set. If this is something you need a hand in diagnosing and/or repairing, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.