Q: Car window off track

asked by on March 22, 2016

The driver's side window fell off the track and will not roll up.

Window Motor / Regulator Assembly Replacement $162.01 - $1032.46 Get a Quote

The window regulator is the mechanism that lifts the glass, and holds it in the tracks. It is comprised of cables and pulleys. If any part of it breaks, the window will usually tilt, and fall of track. Removing the inside door panel is the only way to access it to replace it. I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, assist you in replacing the window regulator.