Q: How do I check the condition of the battery?

How do I check the condition of the battery?

Without a working battery, your car isn’t going very far. While the battery in your Accord is designed to last for years with only minor maintenance requirements, it will eventually need to be replaced. Thankfully, it’s easy to check its condition. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Open the hood.

2. Locate the battery.

3. Check the test indicator window (it’s a small plastic circle on the top).

4. Compare the color in the window to the chart on the battery’s label.

Tip

While the indicator window generally provides a good guide on battery condition, it’s not always 100% accurate. If you’ve experienced slow starts or other battery-related problems, have it checked.