Q: On my 05 Corvette every time I floor it on 3rd gear in the freeway between 80 and 90 it tells me service active handling

asked by on March 18, 2018

I have a 05 Chevy Corvette in good condition never had any issues 5 months ago I was driving the car hit a little bump through the alignment off a little bit in the rear tire ever since I take it on the freeway in 3rd gear as soon as I get between 80 and 90 miles an hour I feel a little ding in the back and the service active handling light comes on can somebody help me with this issue I took it to the mechanic diagnosed every single thing on the car and there was no problem this only occurs on third gear in the freeway between 80 and 90 miles an hour the light comes on and it goes into safety mode the mechanic recently checked all the speed sensors in the wiring and everything checked out fine

Hey Andre. Thanks for contacting us today. The first question I’d ask is whether or not the rear wheels were checked for damage or if the rear axels were inspected as well. I’ve seen a minor ’glance’ off a speed bump cause damage within the differential on a C5 in the past, so you might want to focus on those areas as opposed to electrical.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr