Q: Service theft deterrent system light is on. Absolutely no dinging when key is in . it will not even attempt to crank

Car has dash the lights , radio turns on and so will outside lights. Someone put wrong key in car and now with the proper key we cant get it to start. Service theft deterrent light is on and so is engine light but no theft light just the words where milage is. The key in doesnt even ding nor make any noise to crank. We havr tried to reset it and havent had any luck at all.

A: Hi. When the wrong key was put in the ignit...

Hi. When the wrong key was put in the ignition it damaged the components inside the ignition causing it to shut the car down. The only way to fix this problem is to replace the ignition and have the new ignition programed to your car. The most cost effective way to fix this is to try your local locksmith because they can come to you and program the key. The other option would be to tow it to the dealership and have them fix it.