Q: Can you put spark plugs and fuel injectors from a 1998 4.6L Expedition into a 2001 4.6L Expedition? (an auto parts store associate told me I could)

I'm asking this because my friend actually did this to my car without me telling him to do so and my car now has codes like P0303, P0325 and so I changed the plug and The COP on the #3 cylinder and now I have new codes such as P0353 (CEL on),P1288,P1127, P1131 AND P1151 are seen after the KOER test completes and seem to be temperature related except P0353 ( weak coil ), is it possible that I need to run the car some distance so these tests can complete- I was told at least 25 miles and I was probably going to put the plugs and injectors back in since the car ran fine with what was originally in there. what do you suggest ?

The spark plugs will not make any difference with the engine performance, however, the fuel injectors are different and will cause the computer to not operate the injectors properly. This is why the engine light came on with all of the codes. I recommend putting in the OEM specified parts that are required for your engine. If you need further assistance with your check engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Can you put spark plugs and fuel injectors from a 1998 4.6L Expedition into a 2001 4.6L Expedition? (an auto parts store associate told me I could)