Q: My Camry is starting at 2000 rpm's.

97toyota Camry is starting up at 2000 rpms and just started doing so, sounds harsh and check engine light came on is this an extended​ problem or easy fix

Sounds like there is a vacuum leak that is causing the engine to rev up high. If there is no vacuum leak, then the Idle Air Control Valve could be stuck causing the engine idle to fluctuate on startup. I recommend having your computer checked for any pending or stored codes. This will give you a starting place for diagnosing your engine idle condition.

If you need further assistance with your engine idle being high, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My Camry is starting at 2000 rpm's.