Q: No low beam lights, 2000 Chevrolet Metro

The low beams of my headlights don’t work. They only work as driving lights or high beams. I checked the fuses, put in new headlights and new relays. Then I put in a new driving light module when the driving lights disappeared. I still don’t have any low beams though. Do you have any idea what’s wrong here?

Hello. There could be a problem with the combination switch not turning on the low beams headlight. The combination switch is what turns on the headlights and turns on the high beams. When this switch fails, headlight operation can be lost as well as the turn turn signals.

There could also be a problem with the sockets to the headlight bulbs or the wiring harness for the bulbs having a short in it. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and inspect your light systems, in order to have this properly corrected.

3. No low beam lights, 2000 Chevrolet Metro