Q: Unknown oil leak in a 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser

My car is leaking oil, but I'm not sure where it is coming from.

A: Engine oil leaks will generally get worse o...

Engine oil leaks will generally get worse over time so identifying the source of the leak and repairing the leak should be carried out as soon as possible. These engine are known to develop leaks at the front engine seal which is not always easy to see unless the engine is running. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic -- as the replacement of the front crankshaft seal is not an easy repair. Other common areas where leaks can occur could be the valve cover or the oil pan.