Q: Nissan Altima dies when put into gear.

2013 Nissan Altima died at stop sign last night. Thought it was the battery because we had to jump it the other day. We jumped again this time and it died when we put in drive. Jumped it another time and got it home. Car will now start, but when it is put into gear, it dies.

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Kristie. Thanks for contacting us today. Typically when you put the car in gear and it stalls, it’s caused by a fuel delivery problem; usually, a defective fuel pump, dirty fuel filters or a fuel filter installed backward in some instances. It could also be an ignition system fault, either the rotor in the distributor is worn out, or plugs/plug wires having issues. It might be worth it for you to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car starts then stalls inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of this issue and complete the right repairs.