Q: What should it cost to replace ac compressor, accumulator

asked by on April 10, 2017

How much should it cost to replace ac compressor, accumulator & expansion val

My car has an automatic transmission. 2002 thunderbird

It takes roughly 12 hours to replace the compressor and expansion valve. As you may know, the expansion valve is attached to the evaporator under the dash and thus is not readily accessible, hence the hours. If you input your year, make, and model, and click on "Get a Quote" at the relevant YourMechanic pages, you will get the precise quote that you are requesting. For the compressor, please visit the compressor replacement page; for the expansion valve, please use the expansion valve replacement page and for the dryer (accumulator), please use the a/c dryer replacement page. Once you have the complete quote, and elect to proceed, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly and professionally. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.